Go Mobile! Access your Account Anywhere you Are!
Whether you’re at the beach, lounging at the airport or waiting for an oil change, you now have the power and convenience to securely do your banking with Citizens Bank's Mobile Banking*.
After enrolling in Text Mobile Banking, you can text us at 995-88 and request:
- Account Balances
- Transaction History
- ATM and Branch Location Information
We will send text message responses to your phone.
Mobile banking requires Online Banking enrollment.
*Text messaging and web charges may apply. Please check with your mobile provider.
Text Messaging Service Questions
What do I need to use the text messaging service?
- To use Mobile Banking’s text messaging service, you must:
- Have an online banking account.
- Have a mobile phone that supports SMS text messaging and short codes.
- Register for Mobile Banking and select the text messaging service.
Why are my Mobile Banking text messages coming from 995-88?
- You receive all Mobile Banking text messages from 995-88. To make it easier to recognize our text messages, add us to your contact list with the short code 995-88.
What is a short code?
- A short code is a shortened version of a phone number. A short code is generally five or six numbers in length. Five-digit short codes range from 20000 to 99999; six-digit short codes range from 222222 to 899999. You can send and receive text messages from a standard U.S. short code as well as a traditional phone number. Citizens Bank’s short code is: 995-88.
What do you mean when you say “standard messaging charges may apply?”
- Every mobile service carrier has a different rate plan for text messaging and data services access. You may be charged per use, or pay a flat rate for unlimited usage each month. You may also have different fees for text messaging and data services access.
- Please contact your mobile carrier directly if you aren’t sure what fees you will be charged to use Mobile Banking.
Where do I send my text messages?
- Send all text messages to 995-88.
What are the text messaging keywords and how do I use them?
- Keywords are the text messages you send to request account information or ATM and branch locations.
- Account Balance Requests - Keywords: B, BAL, BALANCE, BALANCES
- Check the balances for all accounts you’ve registered in Mobile Banking.
- Transaction History Requests - Keywords: STMT, TRAN, HIST (account nickname)
- Check the most recently posted transactions of the account you specify with the account nickname. For example, TRAN S1. Keywords: NEXT, MORE
- If your transaction history response message ends with "Reply NEXT" text NEXT or MORE to view more transactions.
- ATM and Branch Location Requests - Keywords: ATM, BRANCH, BOTH (address)
- Find ATMs, branch locations, or both near an address that you specify. You can enter: ZIP Code, City and ZIP Code, City and State, Street, City, and State. For example: ATM ANYWHERE WV. Keywords: NEXT, MORE
- If your ATM and branch location response message ends with "Reply NEXT" text NEXT or MORE to view more locations.
- Help Requests - Keywords: HELP, HLP
- Provides information about the Mobile Banking keywords.
- Stop Requests - Keywords: STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, STOP ALL
- Stop receiving Mobile Banking alerts. Text:
- STOP BNKG to cancel banking alerts.
- STOP MKTG to cancel marketing alerts.
- STOP ALL to stop all alerts.
Are the keywords case-sensitive?
- No. Whether you type "BAL" or "bal," we send a response with your account balance information.
What does a typical request and response look like?
- Balance Request: BAL
- Sample Response
- CBWV Banking
- BAL @ 1207 14:59
- *1254 CHK1 $3,849.27
- *5764 CHK2 $2,555.02
- *4254 SAV1 $14,116.00
- Reply STOP to cancel.
- Transaction History Request: TRAN CHK1
- Sample Response
- CBWV Banking
- TRAN CHK1
- 1207 14:50
- 1207 PMT $5.55
- 1205 WDL $50.00
- 1201 DEP $100.00
- Reply NEXT. Msg & Data rates may apply
What should I do if I don’t get a response to a request?
- Make sure you’re sending text messages to 995-88. Check the keyword and any additional information required for the request, such as account nickname or address.
Can I send a keyword via e mail?
- No, keywords and text messages are not supported using e-mail. The two way feature of our text messages works only with mobile phones.
Why are my results sent as multiple messages?
- Text messages are limited to 160 characters. Sometimes we can't send all your account information in one message because it exceeds the character limit. In this case, we send your account information in multiple messages — no more than five at a time.
I received my results in multiple messages. Some arrived quickly, but others didn’t. Why did it take so much longer for the others to arrive?
- If you receive one message, it means we've sent all the response messages to you, and you should receive them shortly. It may take a few minutes to receive them all, depending on your mobile service. If you haven't received all your messages after a few minutes, please let us know. If the problem persists, you may want to contact your mobile service carrier.
- Your mobile service carrier may be blocking short codes, or you may have blocked short codes in your phone options. You must have short codes enabled to use Mobile Banking. (Short codes are abbreviated phone numbers, usually five digits, we use to send Mobile Banking messages.) Check your phone options and then contact your mobile service carrier to ensure they aren't blocking short codes.