With Mobile Deposit, you can deposit checks anytime, anywhere by using the camera on your iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device and our Mobile Banking App. It’s easy, safe and the most convenient way to deposit checks.†
- Deposit checks anywhere, anytime
- Save time with fewer trips to the bank
- Safe and secure with advanced encryption and security technology
How to Get Started:
- Download our Mobile Banking App to your device by searching Citizens Bank of West Virginia in the Apple App Store Google Play. (Note: You must be enrolled in online banking to use Mobile Banking.)
- Tap the “Deposits” icon and follow the instructions to deposit your check
- Enter the deposit amount and choose your account.
- Take a photo of the front and back of your endorsed check.
- Get confirmation of your deposit.
†Please note, you must be enrolled in Online Banking to use Mobile Deposit. Wireless carrier fees may apply.
Apple, the Apple logo,and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Education Tips for Using Mobile Deposit:
- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone
- All deposits made through your mobile device must be endorsed as follows:
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos
- Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area
- Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit
- Make sure there are no shadows across the check
- Make sure all four corners are visible
- Make sure the image of the check is not blurry
- Make sure the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable